Wednesday 20 January 2016

THINGS THAT MAKE ME ...



GRATEFUL

I am grateful for having eyes that can see with the spirit. Waves enter as dancers in a major production; stones bubble with water delight as waves pull back over their ticklish bellies; sand is actually star glitter (with a bit of help from the sun); shells are personal gifts grown from God.  When the rain shares it’s wetness with me, I ‘grow’.  I can rest my head on the skyline of greens and yellows, of sticks and bricks and get clouds stuck in my hair. Life is a powerful sermon. I love life.
(Picture taken from the internet.)
 
 

I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...

I am grateful for quiet time with my Lord. From there I live and move and have my being.

(Picture taken from the internet.)
 


 










 
I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...
I am grateful for sunrises. They have their own DNA. New in their relationship with every object it falls on. I love the way it sends its light ahead of its presence. From where I live, the sun sleeps inside the big ocean and makes me quiver with anticipation when the first roundness pushes through the water. I love sunrises.
 
From glory to glory.
 

 


From “glory to glory” comes to mind. Today’s beauty walk in the Bible followed me out to the walk  by the ocean.  Here I saw eye to eye with a sun that is outshone by the Son; cloud- samples that reflect His coming; waters and sky melted like glass at the throne room. I picked shells like flowers   and arrived home to be met by two rainbows, stuck like feather emeralds, on the side of my house.







Shells pounce at me as a word would from the Book.   Cultivated in the deep with my name on the tide; like a sentence of letters, full stop by my side.
 
 
 




I  AM GRATEFUL FOR ...
 I am grateful for my old age.   Time to do all the things I love. AND wrinkles don’t hurt.



Walking in the rain.



I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...
 
 
 
 

 

But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

 
                                       

And now for something lighter; I am grateful for a warm bath in cold weather. Being lowered into that water is like indulging in a box of chocolates.


I am grateful for Ferrero Roches chocolates; the way they invade your mouth in instalments.  Slowly undressing until the last nut and your molars embrace in a crush. Mmmm   (The only chocolate I eat.)
        

I AM GRATEFUL FOR...


I am grateful for long walks. It is my feet that take me there but it is my spirit that builds the six- pack. In step with my feet, through my eyes I swallow the medication of health and it tastes sweet.
I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...
Tree Sculpture

Trees. They live! From the dough of my God, moulded to perfection in art. 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post, however please note, all posts are moderated and abusive posts will be removed.